In order to help you get started on your first promotional prospecting campaign, you can find our suggested 'Best Practices' set up below. A prerequisite for running a prospecting campaign however is that you have the Yieldr Ads Pixel implemented on your website, and that your cases have been created. If this is not the case, you can find more information about creating cases here and we suggest you read this article about how to implement the Yieldr Ads Tag on your website.
Creating a new Campaign
First select your advertiser in the platform, and then navigate to the "Advertiser Name > Campaigns" section in the left navigation bar. Click the "+" button and then select "RTB" in the top right corner to get started. This will open a new campaign which you can setup according to your own preferences. Don't forget to select 'Prospecting' as the campaign type under "Campaign Type". For more general information on how to create a new RTB campaign, you can refer to this article.
Prospecting Campaign Settings
Funnel Traffic - Daily Budget:
- Choose Your Campaign Goal: Select "Funnel traffic (Daily Budget)" from the dropdown in the top right of your screen.
- Daily budget: Set the according daily budget for your campaign. If the campaign goals allow for it, the campaign will spend this daily budget in full.
- Intermediary CPA goal: Set the CPA goal for the price you want to pay for the first step after the landing. Make sure you set this goal high enough to avoid restrictions.
- Target CTR: 0.05%.
- Frequency cap: Set it to 5 per 24 hours.
Optimization Points & Conversion Point:
- Intermediary conversion goal: 1st step after landing
- Optimization Case #1: landing
- Optimization Case #2: 1st step after landing
- Optimization Case #3: 2nd step after landing
- Conversion Case: Sale
After following the campaign set up wizard, and setting the stage for your prospecting campaign under "Budget & Strategy", for a prospecting campaign run effectively it is important to set up the targeting of your audience in the correct way. Under "Targeting Options > Audiences" you can control which audience groups will see your ads.
Add all cases that you want to include to "Group 1". You can search for specific cases in the search bar. Then choose how many days you would like to target them. Please note that when you want to EXCLUDE audiences as well (other cases), you need to add them to a "New Group", which you can create by clicking the green button "New Group".
Advice: Exclude all users that have visited your website from the campaign. In doing so you need to create a case that captures all website visitors.
- Supply: No restrictions.
- Geo: Specific geo of the campaign
- OS & browsers: No restrictions.
- Ad schedule: Exclude night time.
After finishing this setup, press the play button on the top right of the page to activate your campaign. Then press the green "Create" button on the top left, and your new campaign will be created. If you've set it to active, it will start running within the hour!