There are some rules of play when it comes to using the insertion order (IO) budget cap functionality on IO budgets:
- You can only save an IO as “Active” when you have one or more budgets defined for it.
- One or more budgets can be defined per IO.
- The campaigns that belong to the IO will only spend whenever a budget is defined for the current timeframe.
- As soon as the end date of a budget has been reached, that budget will no longer be applicable for the insertion order and it (and all of its campaigns) will stop spending if no new budget has been defined. (NOTE: we will not change the status of your IO and/or campaigns).
- Any campaigns related to the IO will stop spending as soon as the defined budget for the current timeframe has been depleted. (NOTE: we will not change the status of your IO and/or campaigns).
- The start date goes into effect at 00:00:00 UTC and the end date will be reached at 23:59:59 UTC of the defined date.
- We do not allow budget timeframes to overlap (e.g. you can not have a budget that ends on May 8th and another budget that starts on May 8th of the same year).